I have been nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award! Thank you so much to theorangutanlibrarian for nominating me (who has a fantastic blog, by the way, so please go check it out, right now!)
I realise I say this in almost every award post or book tag I do, but I’m sorry it has taken me so long to respond to this! Life is getting in the way of bloggy things recently, but I do appreciate every single tag 🙂
- Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate some wonderful bloggers and write 11 questions for them to answer
My answers to The Orangutan Librarian’s questions:
1. What is your favourite Disney movie? Why?
My favourite Disney (Pixar) film is Toy Story. Fun fact, I once got ID’d in the supermarket (aged 24) buying the Toy Story trilogy boxset. These films are rated ‘Parental Guidance’, so apparently I look like an ACTUAL CHILD?!?!
Image via Giphy
2. Have you ever had an extreme case of déjà vu? What happened?
I definitely experienced déjà vu when I read Life and Death “Twilight Re-imagined”… I mean, it was basically the same story, except for this:
How terrifying is this picture though?!
3. What are your top 3 book genres?
Psychological thriller, fantasy and contemporary romance.
4. If you could only ever live in one season all year long- which one would it be? And why?
My favourite season is Autumn, but if I had to be trapped in a never-ending season, I think I’d have to go with Spring, because I couldn’t cope with the lack of sunlight – I’d be lethargic, slumpy and grumpy all year round.
5. What are the top 5 things that make you smile?
The people I love
6. If you were a mutant (like in X Men) would you side with Professor X or Magneto? Why? And what would your power be?
I’ll shamefully admit I know virtually nothing about X Men (I’ve only seen one of the films), so I’m not sure how to answer the first part of the question… but, if I had to have a special power, I’d love to be able to pause time like Hiro Nakamura from Heroes, and I would use my extra time to read ALL THE BOOKS, because I’m kickass like that.
Image via Giphy
7. Sing the cheesiest song in your repertoire at the top of your lungs- which song was it?
This classic, obvs:
8. You encounter a ghost/demon/scary house- how do you react? What do you do?
When I was little, I thought I saw a ghost-girl in my Grandma’s closet under the stairs, and started freaking out. She tried to rationalise the situation, and pulled out this draught-blocker (basically a long sausage-shaped item you put by the front door to keep the wind out) which was resting against the back of the cupboard, and told me that’s what I’d actually seen. Still not convinced, tbh.
Anyway, we then, for some reason, cut out some eyes, a nose and a mouth from a piece of paper, coloured them in, and glued them to the draught-blocker, so it wouldn’t be scary any more.
In hindsight, we probably made it look a lot MORE sinister by doing that… And I’m pretty sure I’d now run away if I saw an actual ghost, and not stick a paper smiley face on it…
9. If you could go back in time to any period in history, *when* would you go to? Who would you like to meet? What would you do?
Definitely the 1920s. If Gatsby weren’t a fictional character, I’d go to one of his parties. I’m lame at parties though, so I’d probably hang around with that drunk guy from the book who sobers himself up by sitting in the library.
10. Would you survive the Zombie Apocalypse? How? (I’m looking for tips :p )
But yeah, no… My brains would get devoured on day one!
11. What did you do for Halloween? Who/what did you dress up as?
I stayed in this year with the boyfriend. We watched cheesy ‘horror’ movies, and ate loads of Haribo (because we didn’t get any trick-or-treaters). I didn’t dress up this time, but this is how I’ve been known to roll on the creepiest night of the year:
I’m sure you can tell by the tissue-paper rosy-cheek unpeeling from the side of my porcelain face that this is the obligatory aftermath-of-the-night-out selfie…
Sweet dreams, y’all.
My questions for the nominees:
- If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, which book would you choose?
- If you were stranded on a desert island, which 5 fictional characters would you most like to be stuck there with?
- Which Hogwarts House are you in?
- Who is your least favourite main character of a book and why?
- What is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?
- What is the weirdest dream you have ever had?
- Which book do you wish you had written?
- Have you ever met anyone famous, and how did you react? If not, who would you most like to meet and how you do think you would cope with it?
- Which TV shows are you addicted to?
- What were your first words?
- If you had another blog, what would you blog about?
My nominations for this award go to:
**As always, there is absolutely no pressure to do this tag if you’ve already done it before/tags aren’t your bag/you’re drowning in a sea of them with no hope of ever catching up!**