Happy Friday everyone! Hope you’re all having…
I’ve been nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award by the following lovely people:
Amanda @ Cover2CoverMom
Jesalin @ JBelkBooks
If you aren’t already doing so, GO FOLLOW ALL OF THESE WONDERFUL HUMANS. You won’t regret it ❤
The rules of this tag are:
Thank the person who nominated you. (THANKS LOVELY PEOPLE!)
Answer the questions from the blogger who nominated you.
Nominate some more bloggers and write questions for them to answer.
1. What is your favorite music genre?
I was going to say ‘boybands’ but I think that’s a bit too specific, so I’m going with pop… I love boyband pop, 90s pop, 80s pop, KPOP, and of course Eurovision. Happy, catchy music is my jam.
2. Team Britney or Team Avril? (2000’s question, I know lol)
Ooh tough question. I love a bit of Britney (who doesn’t?), but when I was going through my angsty teen wannabe phase I was all about Avril. ❤
3. Do you read comic books? Why/why not?
I don’t… the main reason being that I know virtually nothing about them and have no idea where to start! If you have any recommendations for a newbie, let me know 🙂
4. What’s your favourite(s) movie(s)?
THE SOUND OF MUSIC. It has yodelling, matching outfits made of curtain drapes, and badass nuns outwitting Nazis. What’s not to love?! ❤
5. What is your Hogwarts house?
1. How many books do you own?
I have… 266 e-books and 233 physical books, making a grand total of…
All the cool kids count their books on a Friday night, dontcha know.
Being 1 book away from 500, I naturally have to go out and buy another book to smooth this whole thing out, right?! Right! So glad you agree.
2. What is your reading goal this year? Are you on track to reach it?
I set myself a goal of 100 books in the Goodreads Reading Challenge, and I’m currently 2 books ahead of schedule, but I kinda regret setting myself a goal in the first place. I feel like I’m competing in some kind of race only I care about and it’s stressing me out. Is anyone else experiencing this?!
3. If you could sit down and have a chat with any author (living or dead), who would it be?
That would be a certain Ms. J.K. Rowling, and I would (after bowing down and professing worship and adoration) spend hours basking in her glorious writerly wisdom. In case it isn’t obvious, I WANT TO BE HER.
4. What is the last book that made you laugh out loud?
I re-read Know Not Why by Hannah Johnson recently and it was just as laugh-out-loud funny the second time around. If I haven’t gushed about this book to you already, just take my word for it now and READ THIS BOOK. It will make you so HAPPY. Add it to your to-read shelf, you know you want to.
5. If you could erase one book from existence, which book would it be?
I don’t think I’d erase any of the books I’ve read from existence. I guess I could’ve mentioned 50 Shades of Grey here, but it doesn’t offend me as deeply as it does others… Sure, I’m of the opinion that it’s kinda grim and a lot ridiculous. But it’s also fun to mock. I believe all books have a place in the world, even bad ones. Also, just because I think a book’s bad, doesn’t mean someone else won’t adore it.
1. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever had to do?
The most difficult thing I’ve had to do was throw myself off the side of a mountain when I went paragliding in Austria… I was all bravado beforehand like ‘yeah whatever, I’m a casual daredevil. Scared? NAH!’ But then when I finally got all strapped into my parachute (which FYI, kinda makes you look like a ninja turtle), I was all but throwing up with the sheer TERROR that suddenly came upon me.
But then I jumped and it was AWESOME. (I *ahem* definitely did not trip over whilst running into the takeoff… #smooth)
2. What is your Zodiac sign?
I’m a Libra. And whilst I don’t believe in horoscopes, my star sign is an uncannily accurate description of my personality.
3. If you had a brainwashing machine, who would you use it on?
WHAT A GREAT QUESTION! I think I’d actually use it on people who have been legitimately brainwashed to un-brainwash them.
4. Have you ever gotten a tattoo? If not, do you plan on getting one?
No and no! I’m not cool enough to pull off a tattoo.
5. Winter or Summer?
I love Christmas, but I generally hate winter because it makes me really miserable. I love summer, but I get hayfever so I’m a gross, sniffly, itchy, red-eyed person throughout the entire season. Nevertheless, it has to be summer because blue skies and sunshine make for a happy Jess.
I nominate the following awesome bloggers:
If you’ve already done this award tag, tags aren’t your bag, or you simply don’t want to do this one, feel free to ignore, but if you’d like to have a go… here are your questions:
- What is your most detested food?
- What’s the weirdest thing that has ever happened to you?
- What do you like most about yourself?
- If you could marry a book, which book would you marry?
- What’s the last book you DNF’d?
- If you owned your own bookshop, what would you call it?
- If you could live in the world of any book, which one would you pick? (and for the sake of variety, the one rule is you are not allowed to choose Harry Potter :P)
- If you could meet one fictional character and ask them any question, who would you pick and what would you ask?
- What is your favourite smell?
- If you wrote a book, which genre would you write in and why?
MUCH LOVE TO YOU ALL AND HAVE A FABULOUS WEEKEND.